Hours of work
Warehouse / Stores Person - Spare Driver
(Must hold minimum - BE / Car + Trailer licence)
Location - Bradford
Salary - £24,032 + Overtime
Here at Northern Gas Network we really value our people, we believe that happy staff are productive staff. Our depots have a great community feel, our teams are always warm, friendly and welcoming. These are just some of the reasons that we feel our Stores Person role is such a fantastic opportunity.
Not only will you be working for a great company, but you'll be joining an experienced team of professionals, a team that work closely, collaboratively, enjoy a great environment and support one another. The role of Warehouse / Stores Person is an essential in supporting our field based personnel.
About the Role
The Warehouse and Stores Operative role will contribute to a cost effective, customer focused service, with zero tolerance to safety by taking responsibility for items of stock moving in and out of the Stores and repair and maintenance activities to plant and equipment. In order to achieve this the role requires substantial management and adherence to the SAP database. This will ensure that the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse equipment is delivered, accurately accounted for and maintained. The role will continually strive to improve productivity and cost saving opportunities to ensure objectives are met without compromising customer or safety performance.
Augmentation of the existing processes are driven fundamentally by the new technology (SAP Hana). This new technology will become the focal point for more innovative and interactive methods to complete the activities within the Warehouse and Stores. This will result in an increasing shift towards technological skills requirements and using technical acumen as well as administrative and interpersonal skills.
- You will be responsible for the delivery and collection of both inward and outward stock movement whilst maintaining accuracy of the recording of stock on the relevant electronic systems before it leaves the warehouse to feed into the business operations
- You will ensure that the delivery and collection of stock is carefully and accurately monitored in line with stock levels and check the accuracy of all incoming and outgoing stock by ensuring the system is up to date.
- You will operate and repair, where appropriate, mechanical lifting and handling equipment, tools and other equipment in a safe and competent manner; ensuring that all equipment and tools are correctly maintained and stored, e.g. mini excavator, pneumatic tools etc
- You will ensure the repair and maintenance of equipment for operatives and departments within NGN, providing a service whereby teams and individuals will be provided with compliant equipment that is fit for purpose in accordance with relevant HSE Legislation, Company Standards and Codes of Practice.
- You will work in collaboration with onsite customer teams and managers to ensure the correct documentation and ordering processes are followed in line with the relevant electronic stock systems, ensuring accurate records for all inward and outward inventory movements.
- You will take ownership and be solely responsible for any discrepancies that arise within the electronic stock system.
- You will adhere to and promote a safe, clean and organised working environment in line with NGN policy and procedures.
- You may be required to carry out driving duties as part of the role to deliver and pick up equipment and tools
- You will liaise directly with supplier/logistics suppliers regards stock and issues.
- You will ensure emergency out of hours stocks are available and managed and carry out sample and full audits of inventory as and when required.
- You will take ownership and receipt all stock in accordance with our policies and procedures, keeping accurate records for all inward and outwards inventory movements. - Inputting into the system and updating as required.
- The job holder will communicate with colleagues, to ensure correct documentation and ordering processes are followed.
- You will adhere to and promote a safe and clean environment in line with NGN policy and procedures.
- You will ensure emergency out of hours stocks are available and managed (and accounted for) by proactively managing any PA Testing, Safety Critical equipment, Operational safety critical equipment and updating the relevant electronic systems.
- You will carry out sample and full audits of stock and equipment inventory as and when required.
- You will provide a proactive service which will enable operational personnel to maximise productivity on site.
- Accountability for the delivery and collection of all stock and equipment movement within the operational business units.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all equipment and tools are correctly repaired, maintained and stored.
- Proactive identification of all equipment remaining compliant with all relevant HSE legislation.
- Accountable for keeping consistently accurate records for all inward and outwards inventory movements by taking ownership of the Stock Management System and noting any discrepancies in process.
- Accountability for the adherence of all stock and equipment movement in line with the relevant procedure, the Stock Management System.
- Using your management skills, you will be responsible for keeping new operating procedures running at an optimal level.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How:
- Ability to work with electronic stock management Systems), equipment management systems i.e. Computers/tablets etc and competence in Word, Excel, etc... (Training will be provided on SAP
- Methodical and proactive approach to materials and equipment management
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Be practical and have aptitude to understand mechanical workings of plant and machinery.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrative experience of working in a controlled and organised environment.
- Flexible approach to working hours, depending on business requirements
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach
Qualifications Required (desirable or essential): -
- Possession of a current Gas Network Safety Passport or equivalent
- Telehandler licence
- Possession of a current Full Driving Licence.
- IT literate with experience of using MRP, warehousing systems and SAP (Training on SAP 4 will be provided).
- Trailer/Towing licence (parts B/E on licence)
If this sounds like a job for you then we want to hear from you!
What we offer:
- £24,032 per annum basic
- 41.25 hours per week on a variable work pattern including standby
- 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 days bank holiday, plus 2 half days (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- SSP for first 7 calendar days then Occupational sick pay
- Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym membership and many more
- Plus other family friendly policies, maternity/paternity pay, volunteering etc...
Please note that any NGN colleague may apply for this vacancy.
It is important to note that from December 2018, we have changed our internal recruitment process. Changes are as follows:
-You must inform your current line manager of your application, prior to applying
-You may only apply to this vacancy, should you have been in your current role for a minimum of 12 months
-It is essential that internal applicants attach a covering letter that outlines their interest in the vacancy, as a minimum requirement.
-It is highly preferable that internal applicants also attach a CV to their application.
We look forward to receiving your application! Should you have any queries before you apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org marked FAO the Recruitment and Resourcing Manager.
Northern Gas Networks reserves the right to close a vacancy early dependent upon applicant numbers.
Best of Luck!