£37,925 - £46,125 per annum
Hours of work
Site Manager (TOTEX)
Location - Elland, Halifax
Salary - £37,925 - £46,125
Here at Northern Gas Network we really value our people, we believe the happy staff are productive staff. Our depots have a community feel and our teams are always warm, friendly and welcoming. Which are just some of the reasons that we feel our Totex Site Manager role is such a fantastic opportunity.
Not only will you work for a great company, but you'll be joining a happy, well trained team of professionals that really support one another, work collaboratively and enjoy a great environment. To top it off, the post of Site Manager is also a great chance for you to play your part in ensuring our customers receive a first class service time and time again.
The role of TOTEX Site Manager is to build and develop the competencies, capacity and techniques necessary to deliver a healthy and safe workplace environment, excellent customer experience and efficient project delivery.
This role is a critical line manager position within NGN, reporting directly to the Business Operations Lead (BOL) for the area.
The post-holder will be expected to make a contribution to the tactical direction of the NGN business generally and Site Operations specifically.
- To build lasting and positive relationships with the customer and other stakeholders, while delivering high levels of efficiency will be major contributors to the Site Manager's success.
- To contribute to the tactical direction of the NGN business.
- Monitor and manage health and safety both on-site and in the depot.
- Manage site operations, maximise efficiency while delivering excellent customer and safety performance. Ensuring that site activities are effectively delivered in line with NGN Policies and Practice and compliant to OFGEM statutory regulations.
- Ensure all sites are to be planned and prepared in readiness for commencement of work, while ensuring that resources are available at the right place and the right time.
- Proactively engage with customers, prior to, during and upon completion of all works ensuring expectations are met and exceeded
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints promptly and effectively in line with NGN Customer Complaints Standards of Service.
- To encourage a culture of continuous improvement and identification of innovative solutions.
- Embrace suggestions made by colleagues, ensuring ideas are implemented in a collaborative way.
- Engage regularly with colleagues to communicate the need for business change.
- Pro-actively manage performance issues, Sickness, Absence, Productivity, and Relationships.
- Communicate and engage with the appropriate stakeholders in advance of all works.
- Adopt a pro-active style of coaching to encourage personal ownership and development.
- To build and manage teams ensuring appropriate skills and competence (e.g. STC) are maintained and available for all works.
- Take an active role in the recruitment, selection and development of team members.
- Collaboratively work with auditors to ensure the highest possible standards of health safety and environment are delivered.
- Ensure all risk assessments are carried out in a timely fashion (before, during and on completion of projects).
- Ensure all equipment utilised is fit for purpose and sensitive to environmental factors.
- In collaboration with line manager carry out investigations as required.
- Incumbent will be expected to participate in the standby rota(s).
- Understand the importance of the customer as a stakeholder in NGN.
- Sound understanding of safety working practices.
- Commercial aptitude for driving efficiencies and innovative.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of NRSWA [New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991].
- Full UK driving licence.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ideally have experience working on below and above 7bar gas transmission systems and installations.
- Be willing to work towards an ILM qualification
- Ideally hold SCO 1, 2, 4, and 5
- Ideally be an authorising Engineer on SCO.
- Permanent, Personal Contract
- Salary £37,925 - £46,125 (in line with the Site Manager Progression Framework).
- Job need - £3,900 per annum car or car allowance
- Participation in the managers standby/callout rota
- 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 days bank holiday, plus 2 half days (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- Statutory Sick Pay for first 7 working days then Occupational sick pay thereafter
- A generous Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, gym membership and many more
Interview Date(s): TBC
Please note that any NGN colleague may apply for this vacancy. However, only internal applicants whose roles may be 'at risk' due to an ongoing restructure will be guaranteed an interview for this vacancy.
It is important to note that from December 2018, we have changed our internal recruitment process. Changes are as follows:
You must inform your current line manager of your application, prior to applying
You may only apply to this vacancy, should you have been in your current role for a minimum of 12 months
We look forward to receiving your application!