£19,000 per annum
Hours of work
Thorpe Park (Leeds)
Administrator (Connections team)
Location - Leeds, LS15
Salary - £19,500
Here at Northern Gas Networks we really value our people, we want you to enjoy coming to work as we believe happy staff are productive staff. Our offices have a community feel and our teams are always warm, friendly and welcoming. These are just some of the reasons that we feel our Connections Admin position is so fantastic.
Not only will you work for a great company, but you will be joining a happy team of professionals that support one another, work collaboratively and enjoy a great environment. To top it off, upon joining our connections team, you will be provided with full subject training and given a good level of support to help you find your way.
The role of Connections Admin is to support our team of Connections Advisors by managing the connections request inbox and helping customers with queries relating to connections requests. The role is a good balance between general admin and customer support. You will collate information sent in from customers and use it to build a job list for our connections advisor to then complete.
This is an ideal role for someone coming from a general admin position who is looking to join a big company, one that with time can offer the chance to progress and build a long-term career. It may even suit a recent school leaver that has a good attention to detail, possesses a strong work ethic, good telephone manner and good admin / IT skills.
What you will do:
- Provide support for the raising and validation of Customer applications in an accurate and timely manner to ensure we deliver against our GSOS obligations.
- Support numerous 'business activity' frameworks to ensure non-conformances are minimised and is aligned to meet all Internal Audit requirements.
- Support governance process to ensure non-conformances are rectified and plans are implemented to ensure we mitigate the risk of future non-conformances.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement solutions to mitigate financial risk and address non-compliance with policy.
- Ensure the end to end Customer experience process is measured to maintain the required GSOS standards.
- Monitor and manage the Connections generic inbox to ensure customer inquiries are responded to promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare management information for the Connections Management Team.
We are looking for you to be:
- Good experience working in a customer facing role
- Working knowledge / experience of quality assurance and governance
- Strong influencing and decision-making skills
- Proven track record of excellent communication
- Proven track record of query / complaint resolution
- Competent in the use of Standard Microsoft Office Packages
It could be an advantage if you also had:
- Extensive working experience in the application of SAP
- Minimum two years' experience within a data input / transactional environment
- Understanding NGNs Guaranteed Standards of Service (GSOS) and requirements.
- Understand NGNs internal policies and procedures relating to Connections activities.
- Understand NGNs customer expectations.
- Permanent Personal Contract
- 40 hours per week
- £19,000 per annum
- Up to 5% bonus dependent upon performance objectives
- 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 days bank holiday, plus 2 half days (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym membership and many more
- Plus other family friendly policies, maternity/paternity pay, volunteering etc.
Please note that any NGN colleague may apply for this vacancy. However, only internal applicants whose roles may be 'at risk' due to an ongoing restructure will be given priority consideration for this vacancy. If no suitable appointee is identified from this group then other applicants will be considered.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team and work within a warm and welcoming environment. So don't delay, apply today!!