Hours of work
Doxford Park - Sunderland
SHE Compliance Auditor
Location - Sunderland, SR3 (With Travel)
Salary - £32,800 to £37,925 + Bonus + (Co Car or Car Allowance)
Here at Northern Gas Network we really value our people, we believe that happy staff are productive staff. Our offices have a community feel and our teams are always warm, friendly and welcoming. These are just some of the reasons that we feel our SHE Compliance Auditor role is such a fantastic opportunity.
Not only will you be working for a great company, but you'll be joining a team of professionals at an exciting time. We're currently undergoing an improvement process within our HSE function and as such this role will provide you with a real opportunity to have an impact on the organisation and the chance to add value through demonstrating your experience and capabilities.
Working with autonomy this role will see you auditing our existing processes against current legislation and best practice to ensure we're operating safely, before then spending time across our network ensuring company and operator compliance. You will report your findings to the management team and ensure any necessary corrective actions are in place and maintained. We operate in a high risk and regulated industry, so this role really is key to us ensuring our staff, customers and the general public are kept safe.
- To be responsible for the timely completion of safety and engineering process reviews to the required standard for assigned audit reviews.
- To have the ability to use different approaches and methodologies including system-based audit, analytical review, collation and review and substantive and compliance testing.
- Take responsibility for recording results and reporting results using existing templates to operational management for them to take appropriate remedial action.
- Assist the Head of Health, Safety & Environment in ensuring all company activities and controls are properly recorded and retained.
- Ensure any corrective action is agreed and based upon acceptable practicable timeframes.
- Assess company's actions and activities to identify compliance with policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws/regulations.
- To promote and maintain good relations with management ensuring audit work is undertaken with integrity competence, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Liaise with the Internal Audit team and other external assurance providers as necessary to prevent duplication of work.
- Provide practical advice, both written and verbal, to management on safety and engineering audit/control systems related matters as and when requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A recognised professional auditing qualification or qualified by auditing experience.
- A formal health and safety qualification (minimum Level 3 - NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent). Where this is not currently held, such qualification must be attained within 6 months of appointment.
- Experience of delivering an efficient risk-focused approach to auditing to ensure compliance with regulatory or procedural requirements.
- Experience of health and safety auditing within a regulated or high-hazard sector
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to manage own time and develop and undertake work plans with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of audit and risk management mechanisms.
- An understanding of Safety Management Systems.
- An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to providing assurance, particularly legislation changes and regulatory developments.
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with other company staff and to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Understanding of the company operations, i.e. strategic positioning, high level risk identification, products people and technology used, differing regulatory issues.
- Permanent Personal Contract
- £32 to £37k per annum + (Co Car or Allowance)
- 40 hours per week
- Up to 10% bonus dependent upon performance objectives
- 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 days bank holiday, plus 2 half days (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym membership and many more
- Plus other family friendly policies, maternity/paternity pay, volunteering etc.
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that any NGN colleague may apply for this vacancy. However, only internal applicants whose roles may be 'at risk' due to an ongoing restructure will be guaranteed an interview for this vacancy.
Northern Gas Network reserve the right to close our vacancy early should we receive higher than expected application numbers.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Should you have any queries before you apply, please email email@example.com marked FAO the Recruitment and Resourcing Manager.
Best of Luck!