£26,650 - £30,750
Hours of work
Thorpe Park (Leeds)
Communications Officer (10 month FTC)
3 days per week.
Location - Thorpe Park, Leeds (LS15)
Salary - £26,650 - £30,750 per annum (pro rata)
We're a dynamic, passionate, conscious, people-focused team that safely and reliably delivers gas to 2.7 million homes and businesses across the North East, northern Cumbria and much of Yorkshire.
Whether we're out getting the gas back on in time for tea or building the next big thing in sustainable energy, we take pride in making sure that everything we do meets our high standards.
Not only will you be joining a company with a people first approach, the post of Communications Officer is also a great chance for you to be part of an empowered and dynamic team of communications professionals and gain valuable experience working within a highly regulated environment.
You will manage the day to day running of our busy press office as well as support with internal and external communications and delivery of issues-led campaigns.
You'll be joining NGN at a critical time as we get ready for our next regulatory period, known as GD2, and we're looking for a creative and highly motivated professional who can hit the ground running.
- Manage the day to day press office, write and distribute press releases, op-eds, features and identity media opportunities
- Coordinate media briefings/interviews for colleagues and media management
- Develop new and build on existing media relationships
- Manage the social media accounts including LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Produce weekly media reporting and analysis
- Produce and manage website content including campaigns
- Work with Colleague Communications Manager to write content for company-wide emails, digital signage, and the company intranet
- Manage the Communications mailbox ensuring all enquiries are dealt with in a prompt manner and all communications are on brand
- Collate information for internal and external presentations and design collateral using presentation tools e.g. PowerPoint, Prezi
- Maintain up to date noticeboards at all sites
- Keep team communications planner up to date and coordinate weekly activity
- Support external and internal events
- Maintain and develop consistent tone of voice throughout all company communications
- Identify opportunities to create video news and carry out the filming and editing of these videos as required
- Degree educated (communications or marketing related degree is preferable)
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Highly-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, innovative and creative with required determination to achieve results
- A successful team player who can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive when appropriate, also being able to follow instructions and support the team as appropriate
- Highly organised in order to successfully manage and prioritise a varied and demanding workload
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach to work and a strong focus on accuracy, understanding the need for documentation and well-defined procedures
- Polite and confident in manner and ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in an organisational setting
- Shows resilience to overcome obstacles to deliver what is required
- Full driving licence
- Minimum 3 years experience in communications related role - agency or in house
- Media relations background with experience generating positive PR for a business or brand
- Experience of managing social media campaigns across Twitter, Facebook, Linked In and Instagram
- Experience or knowledge of using analytics to monitor and improve reach and engagement across digital channels
- Experience of dealing with sensitive issues with stakeholders including media
- Experience of writing and editing content for websites and a using a content management system
- £26,650 - £30,750 per annum (Pro rata)
- Up to 5% bonus dependent upon performance
- 24 hour per week
- 25 days annual leave per year (Pro-rata), plus 2 x 1/2 days (Xmas and New Years eve)
- Stakeholder pension
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym membership and much more
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that any NGN colleague may apply for this vacancy. However, only internal applicants whose roles may be 'at risk' due to an ongoing restructure will be guaranteed an interview for this vacancy.
Northern Gas Network reserve the right to close our vacancy early should we receive higher than expected application numbers.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Should you have any queries before you apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org marked FAO the Recruitment and Resourcing Manager.
Best of Luck!